Top ten achievements
Developed over 10 New Projects/buildings & Funding, Multi Million Funding, Developing Leaders and teams, Developing Funded Partnerships, Developed funded brand new and Nationally recognised Housing and Youth Centres by Young People Now. National Youth Agency used as case study with 3 others & only YMCA for MySpace capital funding. Been invited to Queens Garden Party for Charitable work with YMCA. Been named in top 50 Community heroes in Surrey Magazine. Terry Eckersley has pioneered many life changing initiatives for the most needy and vulnerable.
Broad and diverse experience and qualifications
CEO at YMCA 2005-2012
Founded and developed new YMCA Housing, Sport, Youth Work, Children’s Centre, Family Support, conferencing & Room Hire
Housing/ Acting/Deputy CEO at Southampton YMCA 2001-2005
Housing Management/Support at YMCA Sheffield-1999-2001
Security and Programme Officer at Sheffield YMCA 1996-2001
Worked in Germany, Thailand, Italy, New York USA, Norway, Ukraine, Germany, France, Italy, Tenerife & Bulgaria.
- 2000 Professional Diploma in Housing Studies (Sheffield Hallam University)
- 2010-currently finishing MBA
- 2004 EDP YMCA England
- 2004 YMCA Line Management Development
- 2003/04 DMS Majored in HR Law and practice Southampton Institute & Hillsong Leadership & Bible College years 1 & 2
- 2002 Health and Safety Certificate(Health and Safety Executive)- Southampton YMCA
- 2002 First Aid Certificate- Southampton YMCA
- 2001 Youth Achievement Awards Facilitator
- 2000 Certificate in Leadership (Strike-force UK) accredited OCN 2000 Developing Leaders around you
- (Strike-force UK) accredited OCN 1999 Developing the leader within you.
- (Strike-force UK) accredited OCN 1998 Cert. In Leadership in Church Planting
- (Strike-force UK) accredited OCN
- 1997 Post-Graduate Certificate in Management Studies (Kent University)
- 1995 Fitness Instructor (Sheffield College)level 1
- 1994 Three YMCA Accredited Certificates in Resident involvement. Drugs And Management skills and Interviewing skills and techniques