High Calibre Charity & Media Chief Executive. Founding CEO of Woking YMCA. I took it from zero to now over 10 centres of excellence. I was Honoured guest at the Queens Garden Party for my love & devotion to the community. I am a Proven visionary and pioneer, whilst big on developing leaders, and a leadership culture. My success lies in the teams I build around me. I’m a Qualified and experienced Senior Manager, senior executive and Housing Professional. This experience covers such diverse perspectives as Childrens Services, Youth Work, Alternative Learning (Accredited), good partnership working, Housing (Including all supporting people issues,) HRM, Company & Charity ( Law and practice)
Author : Reaching the hard to reach. Service User Involvement. Jessica Kingsley Publishing Co-Authored with writer of Supporting People QAF on Service User Involvement. A practical book with case studies and good ‘How too-Examples’.
More recently highly involved in day-to-day set up and provision of a complete YMCA Organisation on various sites.
I have an exceptional people skill, with a warm and friendly personality. Exercises sound judgemental skills often in pressurised situations. I have a proven track record of Providing support and motivation to both team and client base. I have developed Woking YMCA from scratch. From 1 to over 300 staff in 7 years. This has needed;
- Successful leadership of all YMCA issues including Housing, Youth Work, Children’s Centre, and much more community support.
- Successful management of Health & Safety issues
- Recruitment, managing staff and volunteers
- Sound financial and business administration practices
- Interagency working
- Forging and maintaining County and Local Council relations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills (many public speaking engagements and regular BBC Radio Solent Broadcaster )
- Understanding and awareness of Housing Corporation regulations and Company and Charity Law.
- Integrity warmth and Commitment
- HRM awareness, law and practice.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
What you see is what you get. Exceptional Motivational/Public Speaker, warm & caring listener. Again loves working with people. Pioneer, Leader, friend, knows what he wants & gets it, always in a caring manner. PR, Marketing, Media, Housing, Skills include Leadership, Team work, Administration, Finance, coupled with the personal attributes of Warmth, integrity, Commitment and motivation.
Hobbies and Interests
Music, Avid reader, swimmer, cyclist and walker. Spending time with my wife, my best friend.